Hey ya'll! Are you a Spotify user? I'm slightly obsessed with it. I've been a user for about 4 years and love everything about it. Spotify is a music app and computer download that allows you to create playlists of your favorite songs, download pre-made playlists made by others and browse tons of radio stations. I do believe that it is free to set up. I've had the premium account for years which offers unlimited playing and access to all the songs. While I love Pandora and iHeart Radio, Spotify is different because it allows you to search for ANY song you want to hear. In the mood for some Miranda Lambert? Just search her name and ALL of her songs pull up. What if you want to jam out to some 90's boy bands? You are in luck! Just search N'SYNC or the Backstreet Boys and those childhood memories come rushing back!
I'm all about music and it is a big part of my life, even though I can't carry a tune to save my life. When I was in the classroom, I aways had something playing in the background. Pandora was blocked at my school so Spotify was a great alternative. I had the computer download and all of my playlists synced to my phone so I could use both. I used music as a reward incentive. Every day I would choose a student or two to pick what song they wanted to listen too as long as it was school friendly. I could easily search and find any song they wanted to hear and saved all their favorites in a "school" playlist so that I always had them and didn't have to search overtime. Let me share with you my top 10 Spotify playlists you can use in your classroom.
2. Disney's Greatest Hits Volume 2: This fun playlist features songs from your favorite Disney movies such as the Lion King, Mulan, Pocahontas, and more.
3. Radio Disney: This channel has current hits that the kids love and it's updated frequently.
4. Deep in the Heart-Big Songs for Little Texans: If you live in Texas, you are probably very familiar with the Texas Country or Red Dirt music scene. It's my favorite! Artists like Reckless Kelly, Arron Watson, Stoney LaRue, Walt Wilkins, Randy Rogers and more put out a kids album. Some of the songs include "This Land is Your Land" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad." It's super fun!
5. The Countdown Kids: This playlist is definitely for the primary grades or if you have young kids. It features your favorite kids songs and nursery rhymes such as "London Bridge is Falling Down" and "Mary Had a Little Lamb".
6. Spongebob Square Pants: Yes, Spongebob has his own music playlist along with a few others as well. The kids love it.
7. Alvin and the Chipmunks: This is one of my favorites! Hearing the Chipmunks sing Uptown Funk is a must and the kids go NUTS over it!
8. The Raging Idiots: If you listen to the Bobby Bones morning show, you'll know what this is all about. Bobby and Eddie from this show have a comedy parody band called The Raging Idiots and all the profits they make go to charity. They just released this kids album and it is great. It features educational songs and provides encouragement for young children. I love it and so does my husband. We listen to it and we are grown adults! LOL The Planet Song is my favorite. It'll get stuck in your head for sure.
9. Mozart for Kids: This playlist is perfect for when you need some calming down time and a little bit of quiet.
10. The Piano Guys: These guys are amazing and play beautifully. This is another great playlist to have for those quiet moments.
My favorite thing about using Spotify is that there are NO commercials (with the premium) version. I never have to worry about what kind of language the kids are going to hear and I can control everything. It is my go to for all things music.
Do you use Spotify? What are some of your favorite stations?