I don't know about ya'll but I sure am glad its Friday! We had Monday off for Labor Day. Does anyone else love 3 day weekends but hate 4 day work weeks?
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again for her weekly linky.
1. This week we dove head first into review our doubles and doubles +1 facts. We used my
We mad our doubles flip books.
Played some center games.
We did our first I spy read around the room activity yesterday! They loved it!!
Here's our double bubble craftivity! I think they turned out so cute!
2. This week we started our TPRI testing. We do this data assessment test at the BOY, MOY and EOY to check for comprehension and fluency. Since I'm in a new district, they do it manually. Ya'll this takes forever!!!! I was spoiled this past 3 years and doing these assessments online. We'll be doing this all next week too. Do you do TPRI at your school?
3. We only get to do centers on Friday this year. I do my literacy centers in the morning and math centers in the afternoon. Today I introduced my Welcome Back Jack centers and the kids LOVED them! They we're HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! I got busy and forgot to take pictures but I did manage to snag one.
4. Look what came in the mail this week!!! The district I use to work in supplied me with my own iPad. When I had to turn it in when I left (after offering to buy it because it had my life on it :( ) I convinced the hubby to let me get one. What are some of your favorite apps? Classroom and not classroom related?
5. Last but not least....next week is a very crucial day for Americans. September 11th, 2001 is a day I'll never forget. It is a difficult day for all Americans. In Texas, our 2nd TEKS (our version of common core) states that they have to know the meaning on 9/11. I've created this Never Forgotten Memorial Ribbon Craftivity to allow students to show their patriotism. I've made this craft the past 2 years with my students and always get compliments on it. You can get it for free here.http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Never-Forgotten-A-Memorial-Ribbon-Craft-September-11th-863007
Tonight is date night with the Mr! I'm going to kick his butt in bowling! Have a good weekend everyone!