On Friday, I got to leave school an hour early!! Each year during the Holidays we have "gift of time" where another teacher volunteers to watch your class with theirs
I was so excited to share my news with my TPT/blogger friends! In the short time I've been doing this, I've already started to develop friendships. Throughout all the sadness of the day, it ended up being the best day of my life so far!
Here are a few responses I got after telling my kids I was getting married today
1. "will your name be "Mrs. Future Fambro"
2. After saying my last name will be Bernethy "Can I just call you Mrs. B because that name is really hard to say"
3. "Are you going to get mean because people have kids after they get married and my mom is always mad at me?!?"
4. Do we call your MRS now or still MS??
5. "Are you going to have a zebra dress because you always wear zebra?"
They were too cute and so excited!!
I hope you don't mind me sharing! I'll talk about more Christmas Around the World (we bust a piñata tomorrow!!!) and our graphs unit more this week! I keep telling myself, get through this week and THEN you can think about a wedding!
I did manage to find the time to post my newest unit! The 100th Day of school will be here before you know it! Its one of my favorite days! I missed it last year :(. You can check out Hooray! We Made it to the 100th Day! here!
We spent last Monday making our
They loved learning about La Befana, the "Christmas Witch" from Italy. We also talked briefly talked about "The Colosseum" and "The Leaning Tower of
This week we are traveling to Germany (yesterday), Sweden (today) and England. I can't wait to continue our journey!!
We also made our wish lists for Santa. Our local newspaper always prints our "Dear Santa" letters. We made our wish lists, wrote our letter and then typed them and E-MAILED them too the local paper! E-mailing was a tough thing but they did it and were so proud! Here's a few of our wish lists.
We then made our "Naughty and Nice" lists! We discussed different ways you can end up on the naughty list and what you can do to make it on the nice list! They turned out really cute! They are hanging in the hallway!
(I'm sorry my picture are bigger...I can't get that little box to click large to pop up? I click on the picture and it just highlights it. Any suggestions?? Its very frustrating!)
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Now on to what I was originally going to talk about today! My kiddos have already mastered all of their 2nd grade sight words for the year! I've been trying to come up with different ways to implement using them throughout our day! One of my favorite games to play is SLAP ATTACK!!
Slap Attack is a 3 player game! You have 2 slappers and 1 referee! The referee turns over a card and the first slapper to *GENTLY* slap the card and say the word correctly gets to keep the card! If the slap is a tie, the referee decides who hit the card first. If the player who slaps the card first says the word wrong, then the other player gets a chance to answer! Once you have gone through the whole pile of cards, the slapper with the most cards wins! The winner gets to stay and the other slapper and the referee switch places! It really is fun and I love watching the kids get into it! They do a great job of *GENTLY* slapping the card!
Is it REALLY December already?? IT was 87 here in Texas today! It does not feel like December! I guess our wintery weather will have to wait a few more days, its suppose to be this warm all week!
The Libester Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our little piece to cyber space.
Here are the rules:
1.You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4.Choose 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. You cannot "tag back" the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
11 rAnDoM fAcTs about me!
1. I am super crafty! I love to shop around garage sales, thrift stores, and other places, find something that someone else thinks is junk, and turn it into a treasure!
2. I also own my own jewelry company called "Back at the Ranch". I make jewelry that's funky, chunky, and a little bit junky! I love anything BLINGY AND SPARKLY!
3. I'm a total country girl and grew up around rodeo BUT I did competitive cheerleading for 16 years. I also cheered in college. Most people who meet me now would NEVER guess that about me.
4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Pepper!
5. I'm currently in a long distance relationship. Jared and I have been together 10 months but been best friends for the past 2 years. He lives 3 1/2 hours so we swap out weekends coming to see each other. It's a lot of work but definitely worth it. He's fantastic!
6. I enjoy working out! I know I must be crazy! My goal is to run in a half marathon one day.
7. My favorite TV show is Grey's Anatomy. I'm addicted! I also like Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and reality TV such as The Voice, Ducky Dynasty, and anything on TLC or HGTV!
8. I just recently made the switch from having an iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S III. I've been given a lot of grief for no longer being an apple user but I'm just gonna say it...I LOVE this phone WAY better than my iPhone!
9. I really love to read even though I don't get to as often as I'd like. I got a Kindle Fire for my last birthday so I'm really enjoying that.
10. I love to travel! I've seen 16 states and have been to Mexico and Canada. My dream is to see Ireland, Italy and Germany.
11. Coming up with 11 random things is harder than you think...thinking...thinking...thinking...I've had to teach myself to cook oer the last few years. I use to be TERRIBLE at it but I've gotten a lot better. Its not something that I enjoy so thank goodness for my crockpot!! :)
10. Do you garden? No! I do not have a green thumb. :(
11. If you could eat lunch with a favorite person who would it be? I know most people would probably say some sort of celebrity…but I would say my granddad. He passed away over a year ago and I miss him so much. He was my hero. BUT if I had to pick a celebrity I’d definitely pick Channing Tatum. Who wouldn’t wanna eat lunch with him?!?!?!
Here are the blogs I'm nominat
What are some things your kids have used their minds to change into something completely opposite?
(I'm having issues hyperlinking my pictures...I've googled it and I can't seem to get it right. Can anyone help me??? If so, please send me an email! THANKS in advance!)
This has always been one of my favorite quotes.
I was introduced to the blogging world through pinterest which lead me to TPT a little over year ago and of course I became addicted instantly! I joined the "seller" world of TPT at the end of September and it has been on of the best decisions I have ever made. I never thought that someone would spend their hard earned money on something I created. Getting that first "product sold" e-mail has been one of the highlights of this year so far! I am only 10 sales away from one of my goals...100 products sold! Check out my store Saddle Up For 2nd Grade!